Bay Area Journal

sharing photos and some insights of some of my experiences from the Bay Area and around the world

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Great African wireless technologies





This is a cross posting from www.getit.org on Africa telecom liberalisation. I have not figured how to put pictures up on that site yet, so I use this site to cross post my pictures. So here goes, these are pictures I took during the WSIS Tunis in 2005. Uninet is a South African company that has developed the coolest Wi-Fi Mesh technology that has already been successfully deployed in many regions in South Africa. Many other African countries are showing greater interest in this technology and some claim it is a better and cheaper alternative to Wi-Max. Here are pictures to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home