Bay Area Journal

sharing photos and some insights of some of my experiences from the Bay Area and around the world

Wednesday, August 29, 2007







Highly recommend the AeA/Stanford Executive Institute Program

It has indeed been awhile since I last posted on this site. I have been busy with so many things, one of which is attending an intensive 10 day executive management course for high tech companies. It started on the 12th August and ended on the 23rd August, and it was a residential program so we stayed on campus (at the Schwabb Residential Centre at the Stanford Business School).

It was awesome, awesome, awesome. I am stunned for words. The program involved3 intensive lectures every morning, lunch followed by study time (lots of reading), and then another 2 hours of either a CEO talk or the new venture lab excercise (creating a business plan and a pitch for potential investors). After dinner, there was study group to prepare for the next day of classes. Besides the wonderful facilities, excercise rooms, comfortable hotel like accomodations, and the great food cooked everyday with fresh ingredients and a world class chef, AND NO EXAMS, we were in seventh heaven.

I found the professors world class, and I learnt so much, not to mention the wonderful tools and frameworks they gave us which we can use in our working life. The students being executives themselves had sometimes more to offer on the cases we learnt as they had first hand experiences to share.

Overall, I was so stimulated and reinvigorated to move forward with my next steps. Made many useful contacts and made many FRIENDS. I had many amazing moments when I discovered, one student from Washington DC who went to the same middle school the same year as my husband and had his first child a month after my first child in the same hospital! Another turned out to be living in my neighbourhood, another the colleague of my next door neighbour, etc etc. I could go on but I really had the best time of my learning life ever. To top it all, my team won the pitch to the investors and that was a great booster indeed.

Time will tell how this course has impacted my life but I am confident that it will in a big way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home