Bay Area Journal

sharing photos and some insights of some of my experiences from the Bay Area and around the world

Monday, November 06, 2006

33rd meeting of APEC Telecom working group, Calgary, Canada




I had written a blog several months back at www.getit.org on the 33rd meeting of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Telecom Working Group meeting held in Calgary, Canada. See that site for inputs about the meeting. Since then, the group met again in New Zealand for the 34th meeting but unfortunately, I could not attend.

I share some pictures of the 33rd meeting. Hope you like it. One of the key features in these pictures for me, is that you will observe how most of the government delegates have laptops and are very comfortable using it. Back in the late 80s and early 90s, most government delegates would not have used technology and even their emails were screened and received by their secretaries. It is key that they are users themselves, as they get increasingly involved in formulating policies for ICT.

(Believe it or not, I had my first laptop back in 1989- a very heavy Toshiba using word perfect with DOS commands. My first email account also in 1989-an MCI mail account).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home